Saturday, December 20, 2014

The glorified race we claim to be, "Humans"

So, just this morning, I saw my friend posted something claiming that the other class who are actually having an outdoor photo-shoot were having a lot of fun. My class , on the other hand, decided that we should take one in our class since a lot stuff happened and my classmates were somewhat busy.

Then, suddenly, it dawned on me whether the "fun" they have are actually genuine. Are they actually proud of their class? being a part of their class? of being in a particular community of cool kids? If yes, how so?

Well, first of all, I would like to emphasize on the fact that nowadays, in my school, people are actually proud of being themselves. To be honest, I found it to be ludicrous. Then, there's also how girls (and sometimes boys) like to celebrate their 17th birthday. I just couldn't get my heads around this so-called "tradition".

First I would like to scrutinize more on the birthday part as it seems to be a matter that has bothered me for so long. My friends claim that they, we, should celebrate our new step towards adulthood. Well, I guess I could concur that far. Nevertheless, I don't think it justifies the fact that you should waste a lot of money holding a huge sweet 17th birthday party. From where I can see it, I guess people, girls and boys, wanted to feel special of their very own existence which carries on to my second point.

My next point is regarding the so-called pride people have been indulging themselves in. Why would you try to make yourself feel "special" whereas in fact you have done nothing to be called an achievement. Most people do that. Most people wanted to feel special despite the fact that they do not even try to BE SPECIAL, not in terms of academics, non-academics, or even social relations.

As for myself, I have been trying to acquire pride, self-satisfaction, and self-recognition by doing things I have longed to do, namely getting an international medal, becoming a student council board member, and becoming a president of a club. Even so, I wouldn't celebrate them to such a point that it requires a party since none of this is a contribution to this world. It's merely an achievement to fill my desire and "lust".

Long story short, I find it ludicrous that sometimes people just do this thing, like feeling proud of being a class that has not made any known achievement or being a recognized class, or having this self-granted pride.

P.S. Since I'll be having a long holiday, I would be active in this blogging stuff since a lot of people have recommended me to do so. Therefore, please do comment on my posts so we can discuss more on the topics since I would like to really see it from another point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment