Friday, January 23, 2015

The Power of Words

Hey guys
It's been quite a long time

I know I promised that I would do more postings but like always, things got busier and shit happens.

Anyway now I would like to talk about the power of words.
Words are means of communication among 2 or more individuals with the purpose of making an understanding among these people.
It's not rare for us to see how people say the wrong thing or perhaps bad thing to one another. I am a perfect example.

If I get $1 for every time somebody criticized me or get mad at me for not thinking before talking, I would be rich by now.

Here's a quick example:
Just moments before I write this, I had an argument with my friends. I wouldn't say an argument actually. Anyways, the thing is that in my country there's this system where you can apply for an invitation to the state university through which your scores throughout high school need to be considered. In my school, it's not hard to find people who are planning to apply to universities overseas. Suddenly my friend said that my classmate who are applying for the international universities should not apply for this invitation since they'll take up the maximum quota given to each school.

So here's the thing, I believe that it's their rights to actually apply for this invitation. Why?
1. There's no certainty as to whether a person will be indeed get admitted to that particular university so is it that wrong for them to actually apply for this invitation as a backup plan. Indeed it will somehow affect those who are actually hoping to get the invitation. But by the end of the day, I believe that it's their fault for losing to these people. It's their fault for not having such high scores in their high school careers since that's just how the world is. The rich stays rich and the poor stays poor. The idiots stay idiots and the geniuses stay geniuses.

That's just the way the world revolves. Like it or not, this happens. Shit happens. This way, the idiots will work hard to be geniuses and the poor will strive to be rich. The moment we lose this, I believe we lose the true meaning of a fight.

2.  Selfishness is prevalent. Tell me. If you have a loaf of bread and suddenly you are hungry, but next to you there's a person starving. Of course you could not tell whether the person is starving to his death or not. How many of you would actually give the bread to the person next you? I doubt half of you would. It's just the way people think I guess. We unconsciously put ourselves ahead of others. It's like the nature of us as a living being.


So yeah I was at fault I admit that. But I am just being realistic I guess. Life is indeed a reality. Life is god damn painstaking reality where shit truly occurs.

Let me give you my quote regarding this:
"Dino is still Dino, just that far-fetching, no matter how much I learn, I would never
be on par with him."

P.S. Dino my national teammate for the internationals. He's a genius in his own way. I admire him in certain ways. He shone the way others couldn't. He shone the way I couldn't.

See you next time

No comments:

Post a Comment